Guggul is one of the most important and famous herbs in Ayurveda. This herbal supplement is helpful to purify the blood and also helps to rejuvenate the body. Nowadays the herbs come into use because of guggul’s lipid regulating and able to module immune actions.
It is helpful to lower the blood cholesterol from 14% – 27%. And also able to minimize the triglycerides by 22% – 30%. You can also reach the same level of cholesterol by using medications. But there is one plus point of taking guggul is that there is no side effect and it is safer to use.
Botanically guggul is known as Commiphora Mukul. The herb grows naturally in India and in Arabia. This herb is a gum resin and comes from a tree which belongs to the family of Burseraceae. Also, the resin of Guggul contains diterpenoids, steroids, carbohydrates and aliphatic esters. All the factors work together and become beneficial.
It is a small shrub which generally found in desserts. It also found in the warm places of the Indian subcontinent. Even in the writings of ancient authors or Charaka and Sushruta, you can get the benefits of guggul. At that time the herb was the first choice of physicians for the treatment of any of the health problem. You can also get the praise written by many writers in ancient Ayurvedic literature.
Also, the herb is known as antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and diuretic at that time too as now. This natural herb is a uterine stimulant and that is the reason it is known as a rejuvenating herb. If the guggul is one year old, then t he value of this herb becomes high as then it acts like an anti-lipid agent.
How to Purify?
To purify the herb, milk or cow’s urine came into use. Also, you can do this in the decoction of Triphala to make a therapeutic use of this.
Latin Name- Commiphora Mukul
Local Names- Guggulu, Gum Gugal, Bdellium Gum, Salaitree Gugulipid, Indian Bedellium, guggulipid and Gum Guggulu.
Who can take the Herbal medicine Guggul?
This herbal medicine is mild and gentle to the human body as compared to others. Almost any person of any age can take this medicine. Age and gender don’t matter. Also, guggul can be taken by people for the purposes like improving circulation, to lose weight or control obesity, to lower down cholesterol level, to get relief from arthritis pain; it is also helpful for treating boils. Skin infections like eczema can also be treated by the wonder herb.
This ayurvedic herb is helpful to relieve the pain of menstruation. Skin rashes, psoriasis, and dermatitis can also be treated by this.
Is Taking of Guggul Make You Addictive?
The herbal medicine hasn’t any kind of addictive components and that is the reason it is very much safe to use it. You can use this for how much time you want and remember there is no fear of becoming an addict of the herb if you taking it regularly.
What are the Effects of Guggul over Body?
The Ayurvedic herb is used to make treatments of problems like obesity, rheumatoid, lipid disorders or arthritis. So, this is multiple benefit herb and put positive effects on the body.
Benefits of Guggul:
- The main benefit of the guggul is that it is helpful to lower the cholesterol level as well as triglycerides of the body as it helps to improve or preserve the High-Density Lipoprotein ratio.
- This is also helpful to lower the triglyceride levels.
- It also provides relief to the muscles which are paining by the menstruation periods.
- As it is a wonderful heart tonic, so, it helps to strengthen the heart.
- Guggul is able to raise the metabolism and thus works great for a liver. Also, it breaks down the bad cholesterol which is known as LDL cholesterol. If you have used this product for 1-3 months then you will notice that your total cholesterol level has dropped triglyceride level and also make an augment with HDL which is known as good cholesterol up to 16%. Certain studies and surveys conclude that it helps the body to burn fat and also gives way to weight loss.
- As it is a blood detoxifier. So, it breaks the stagnation in the body.
- It is an excellent analgesic agent. So that it is a helpful way to get relief from pain.
- As the guggul is anti-Kapha and anti-vata medicine so that this excellent herb was used for the treatment of arthritis and inflammatory conditions even in past time.
- You are suffering from any type of joint pains like rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis, the herb works wonderfully. Also, recent surveys said that the usage of the herb is equally beneficial and safer as the intake of ibuprofen and phenylbutazone.
Important Note: It is known that guggul is a uterine stimulant; the fact is contradicted during the first trimester of the pregnancy. If you have the high dose of this and also use it in a prolonged way then you have to do this under the observation of expert physicians as it can do harms.
How Long the Guggul Shows it’s Results?
The guggul is an excellent herb and undoubtedly it shows a long time results for different medical issues. There are some herbs which can provide instant relief but that is not meant for long time relief. The herb like guggul shows its effects in 2-3 weeks for proper benefits. Also, the benefits for special problem vary and also it depends on the nature and the gravity of the problem you are facing. This is an excellent analgesic agent and that is the reason it provides relief from the problem.
Dosage- You can take 1-2 capsules of guggul with water daily but you need to take the expert’s advice for this.