It is essential to keep yourself hydrated during the summer season. The craving for fluids is dramatically increased during summers due to more perspiration that’s why you consume more drinks. No doubt, pure water is the best drink but sometimes you desire to add some flavor to it. Unfortunately, the majority of the drinks available in markets contain chemicals and sugar that are hazardous for your health. Therefore, it is crucial to add healthy summer drink in your diet.
Healthy Summer Drink Ideas
Here is the list of five healthy summer drinks, which are not only refreshing but also nutritious.
If you are looking for a refreshing beverage, then cucumber drink is perfect for you. This vegetable is enriched with folic acid as well as vitamin B6, A and C. Anyone of you can make this drink within few minutes.
- Cut 1 medium-sized cucumber into 1/2-inch slices
- Add pure water in a pitcher
- Put the cucumber slices in water and then leave for 1-2 hours
- Refrigerate the drink and serve it
Watermelon is one of the best summer fruit and it contains 96% water. A healthy summer drink is easy to prepare with the help of watermelon and mint.
- First of all, cut a watermelon into slices
- Add 1 glass of water and some ice cubes in a blender
- Now add watermelon slices in blender along with few mint leaves
- Blend them well and serve it cool
Lemons are well-known for their cleansing properties. They are enriched with vitamin C and are mostly used in summer drinks. Basil leaves are also used in beverages to make them more refreshing. Hence, basil lemonade is one of the most healthy summer drink.
- Squeeze the juice of 4-5 fresh lemons
- Add 2 cups of chill water in a blender
- Now add lemon juice
- Also add some fresh basil leaves
- Blend all the ingredients to make a smooth drink
Pineapple, Coconut and Cucumber Slush
You need a pineapple, cucumber and some coconut water for making this slush. It is quite easy to make this chill drink at home. Simply follow the given below recipe.
- Put all the ingredients in a mixer along with few ice cubes
- Blend them well and enjoy drinking it
Berry Infused Herbal Ice Tea
It is another healthy summer drink that does not need a blender. Take some frozen berries and herbal tea of your own choice. Use the following recipe for making berry infused herbal ice tea.
- Add some herbal tea in a pan and boil it
- Let it cool and then move it to a glass
- Now add the frozen berries
- Your berry infused herbal ice tea is ready to serve
Try these delicious and healthy summer drinks at home and do share your experience with us.